Saturday, August 06, 2022

so no one told you life was gonna be this way

I had an extremely lazy day, which was probably what I needed, but it meant that I didn't make a major dent in the box count. I spent some time this morning taking care of various paperwork-type things (changes of address, etc), and I did do some desultory unpacking of my kitchen. The challenge is that I already have kitchen stuff here, and I'm also going to have to pack everything up in November for a remodel, so figuring out what to put out, what to pack up, etc. is taking more time than it would take to unpack into an empty space.

But this is a #firstworldproblem, so I'll move on. I also took a nap at some point this afternoon - it was almost a hundred degrees, so no one was doing anything, and the closed blinds and desire to stay cool meant that a nap was the best option. Eventually, [censored] and I went to our parents' house for dinner - my dad barbecued some chicken, which was delicious with the potato salad and layered lettuce from yesterday.

When we came back to town, [censored] and I agreed that we were unlikely to do anything productive, so we watched a movie. The top-watched movie on Netflix today was UNCHARTED, which looked like it might be a bit like my beloved SAHARA, so we watched it. It was not like SAHARA, because it was truly terrible (as opposed to SAHARA, which is rather unfairly judged). I'm surprised they got Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg to make it, and I'm also surprised that some end credit scenes implied they would get a sequel because they definitely don't deserve it.

sssanyway, now I should go to bed so that I can accomplish more than I did today - goodnight!

No comments: