Sunday, August 07, 2022

my bad habits lead to late nights

Today was filled with unpacking and repacking boxes - I'm attempting to put my kitchen in order, but I have more kitchen stuff than is strictly (or even generously) necessary, and not enough cabinet space for all of my culinary accoutrements. So, I've been unpacking, sorting, and then repacking stuff to either store in the basement as spares / keep for when I remodel the kitchen, or to donate things I have multiple duplicates of.

That pretty much encapsulated my day. [Censored] and I did discover that my doorbell is much more complicated than we assumed; the front doorbell works sporadically and can only play Beethoven's Fifth, but the back door (which is really the main door) can play like forty different songs (a strange mix of classical, military, holiday, etc). So, that was a fun interlude. I also did a bunch of laundry (less fun), and some other house chores.

We ended up having dinner with my parents - we picked up takeout from the Mexican restaurant in town, which is always yummy. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: