Sunday, August 02, 2020

and sometimes, the light's no consolation

I was pretty lazy today, but I'm okay with it. I slept late since I have been staying up late, and I need to get a bit closer to a normal bedtime - so it's 10:20pm and I'm hoping to go to bed as soon as I type this (even though I'm tempted to stay up and read until two). Because I woke up late, I didn't make it to the farmer's market - instead, I showered, ate some strawberry galette for breakfast/lunch, took care of some tings, and then wrote for an hour or so.

Writing was really the only thing I'd told myself I had to do today, so in that sense it was a success. I also meditated at some point this afternoon. Then I spent several hours talking to family - one of my nieces called me, and then I called my parents, and then I talked to [censored]. At that point it was suddenly too late to make the elaborate meal that I had planned to prep, so I instead ordered a pizza and walked down the street to pick it up.

And now, I'm going to take myself to bed so that I can get up and cracking earlier tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: