Sunday, August 16, 2020

i brought a lemon to a knife fight

I felt like doing nothing today, but I did slightly less nothing than yesterday, so I think I'll call it a win. I woke up slightly late due to the fact that I didn't get home until after midnight last night, and I decided to skip my usual Sunday morning walk to the farmer's market because it's still smoky outside. But I did journal and do a load of laundry this morning, so I'll take it.

Then I showered and drove down to Castle Rock, where Aunt Becky made me a v. tasty cobb salad for lunch. I love cobb salads and am often too lazy to cook/chop everything necessary for them, so this was great. I hung out with her for a couple of hours and only walked out with a container of potato salad, a bag of other random stuff, and three cookbooks, so as these things go I would call it a success!

Then I drove back to Denver; when I got here, I called my parents and ended up talking for over an hour and a half. While we were talking, I baked a package of bacon, which I'm v. much looking forward to eating. When we were off the phone, I used part of that bacon to make a frittata with onion, potatoes (well, frozen hash browns), bacon, and cheese - and it was pretty fucking delicious if I do say so myself.

I ate that frittata (and drank an aperol spritz) while having a long overdue catch-up with Drewbaby - he and [censored] had apparently talked for quite awhile this afternoon, and I was feeling jealous, so we had a chat. It was great to hear from him, even though I can't quite believe that I am now the kind of person who has a relative in Fargo.

Then I took care of some tings around the house, made my bed with fresh sheets, etc. And now I think I'll contemplate crawling into those fresh sheets and going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: