Tuesday, August 11, 2020

little by little we meet in the middle

I need to go to bed immediately, but today was a great day. I got up in time to make tea, meditate, and write before work; the writing came easy and I got a thousand words, which I will v. happily take. Then I slogged all day. I was all geared up to take a break and make fajitas on my new grill, and I'd even marinated the chicken....but then the wind picked up and it looked like it might storm. The risk seemed low (low enough that I walked to pick something up instead), but not so low that I felt comfortable pulling my grill out into the wind tunnel that forms between my front and back gates.

But I'd had my heart set on Mexican-ish food, so when I was done working a little after six, I ordered takeout chips and guac and enchiladas from El Camino. I ended up mostly just eating the guac, since I hadn't had copious amounts of guacamole in forever; I ate one of the three enchiladas, so now I have something easy for lunch tomorrow. So I sat on my patio and ate chips and guac and generally enjoyed life. Then I did a tiny bit more day job work and messed around the rest of the evening.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: