Friday, August 28, 2020

derelict days and the stereo plays for the all night crowd

I *think* I'm leaving for Iowa tomorrow - it really depends on how much I get done in the morning and whether getting out in the mid/late afternoon is feasible or if I should just wait and take off first thing Saturday. Oddly, I'm mostly packed - I've packed all my clothes and paper goods and dry foods, and so just need to pack my cooler and my electronics and load the car. However, I have a ton of other stuff to do tomorrow - plant maintenance, trash disposal, gas and car wash and snack procurement, and likely more day job stuff than I would like. So we'll see how all that goes - but either way, Saturday I'll be in Iowa for a week in the heartland.

Beyond that prep work, today was meh; I didn't get enough sleep, but I roused myself in time to shower before my first meeting. My 'no meeting week' today included 4.5hrs of meetings, but 3.5 of those were a training that I needed to take, so I guess it was fine. I slogged all day (with a break to eat a v. tasty cobb salad out on my patio), but I wasn't really feeling in it to win it - I was feeling cranky, and I was annoyed with people, and it all was a recipe for having a not-good time.

However, that encouraged me to sign off by 5:30, which is what gave me time to pack. I then reheated pizza from last night, drank some wine, and watched the last night of the RNC. I'm really glad the political conventions are over; I'm glad I watched both, but I'm really really done and ready to just vote and get it over with (but we have a shit-ton of natural disasters and coronavirus deaths and October surprises to get through before then). Then I finished doing some stuff around the house. And now I need to go to bed if I want to be able to drive east tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: