Sunday, August 30, 2020

my heart's like a gun, boy you better run

I had a lovely, lazy day in ye olde Iowa. I slept in, which is always a delight, and then I spent the day mostly hanging out in the kitchen and on the back patio. My mom was attempting to assert control over her garden, so I hung out and talked to her while she pulled weeds.

When it was time to think about supper, I made the grilled vegetable and halloumi salad that I'd made in Denver a few weeks ago - I'd bought the vegetables last week and didn't get around to making it because it was storming when I wanted to grill (and also I was too cranky to cook last week). So I brought all the veg home with me, and it really needed to be cooked tonight if I was going to do it. My dad fired up his grill for me (which is about twice as large as mine), and cooking the veggies and halloumi was v. easy. We also had leftover smoked beef from yesterday, and my dad picked up some sweet corn from an honor-system roadside stand, so we had a v. nice late-summer feast.

After supper, I came downstairs and thought about doing day job stuff, but instead read some twitter and then wrote quite a bit in my journal (almost all notes for the book I'm working on - and I also tweaked some of the manuscript tonight). And now I need to sleep - I do have to do day job stuff tomorrow (since, you know, it's a day and I have a job), so I should probably go to bed if I want to start tomorrow right. Goodnight!

No comments: