Saturday, August 22, 2020

hey there delilah

 I'm super tired but in a v. good mood, so hopefully sleep will balance out the tiredness without altering my general emotional state. I got up this morning and unfortunately had to start slogging almost immediately, and then I worked until six (v. unusual for a Friday).

So, that was all a long day, but as soon as I was done, I preheated my grill and made bratwurst to go with my leftover veg and halloumi salad. The brats were perfectly cooked, if I do say so myself, but I didn't totally love the seasoning mix - I'm on the hunt for the best brats in Colorado, so I'm going to have to keep trying. While I was eating, I got an unexpected catch-up call from John and Jess, because they were playing 'Everything Zen' by the world's greatest band (Bush) and thought of me.

So we talked for nearly forty minutes, which was great for me and also possibly great for Ian because he conned Jess into more tv. Then I cleaned up my kitchen and talked to Katrina for a v. long time - it was her birthday last week (Happy birthday, Katrina!) and we had a lot to catch up on.

But now I'm falling asleep and I need to get up and be moderately productive tomorrow, so it's time to go focus on that. Goodnight!

No comments: