Sunday, August 16, 2020

the songs on the radio are okay, but my taste in music is your face

I'm already falling asleep so I'll keep this brief. Today could have sunk into a black pit kind of day - but not for any good reason other than I was feeling supremely lazy, and so really didn't get much accomplished. However, I did get my new chaise lounge delivered - it's for what should be a dining area / nook in my kitchen, and is now a lounge and a bar cabinet. I'm siting on it right now and it's awesome - I'm looking forward to journaling here with my morning coffee in the future.

I also talked to [censored], and at some point I went to the grocery store to pick up some tings. I made some quinoa tabbouleh this afternoon, which turned out delightfully. And then in the evening I went to Katie's house - Hannah, our friend from high school (and my distant cousin), is in town briefly, and so Katie hosted a backyard gathering. Hannah was traveling with a former coworker, who probably got entirely sick of hearing our gossip from high school. But it was a delightful evening - I contributed the quinoa + a cooler with ingredients for aperol spritzes, and Katie and James made some delish veggie and chicken kebabs, and it was all great.

But now, since I've already fallen asleep once, I should go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: