Sunday, August 02, 2020

on both sides a vow was broken

It's amazing what I can get done if I don't spend all day on Twitter. It's also amazing what I can get done when I'm not at the day job, although that's coming soon. But today was a good day - I woke up a little groggy since I stayed up so late reading last night, and since it's now 12:25am I'm probably not setting myself up for success tomorrow either. But I dragged myself out of bed, meditated, journaled, made some eggs with avocado and salsa, drank some iced coffee, and eventually wrote.

When I was done with that, I ate some leftovers from last night, and then I made a gluten-free strawberry galette - it's basically a free-form tart. The crust was actually surprisingly good and held together well - I've had disasters trying to make gluten free pie crust in the past, but this one was good enough that I want to keep experimenting. The galette came together pretty well and I have a second crust chilling in the fridge, so if I find some good-looking fruit at the farmer's market tomorrow, I may make another. There's no harm in living off pie when it's the end of the world, right?

While I was meditatively rolling out pie dough, I had a breakthrough on a potential plot point, so I wrote for another twenty minutes while the galette cooled. At some point, I also took a nap. Then I called Lowes to harass them about my grill - when they delivered it, one of the burner knobs was missing, and the guy said they'd bring it to me the next day, but that was clearly a lie. Luckily I found a helpful guy via phone, and they're supposedly mailing me a knob. That means I haven't gotten to play with my grill yet, which means I may need to use pliers or vise grips (or move knobs back and forth) if I want to test it out this week....we shall see.

Then I took a walk, and then I sat on my back patio and read for awhile. And then, I maybe should have wound down and gone to sleep early, but instead I watched three episodes of the second season of the Umbrella Academy, which just came out. I'm trying to savor, since there are only ten episodes, but I'm sure I'll glom them all in the next few days.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: