Wednesday, August 12, 2020

i want to know when i can go back and get drunk with my friends

I had a great day, but it started badly - I woke up at 2:30am with one of those acid stomachaches that used to plague me, and it made me feel a little vomity. So I grabbed a Sprite from the fridge and sipped it while sitting up in bed, which was not how I had intended to spend an hour of my evening. Between that and the fact that I had an 8:30am meeting, I didn't have time to write this morning, but I at least was able to go back to sleep and not feel totally like death today.

So, today was a v. meeting heavy day - I basically was in meetings straight from 8:30 to 5, although I think I had 30min free somewhere in there. One of my meetings was slightly illicit, since Sarah-Frances came over to meet in my backyard (her idea, not mine, and mostly because she'd left her sunglasses here last week) - but it was nice to talk about work face to face (albeit eight feet apart) for the first time in months, and also nice to be outside instead of chained to my desk.

When the meetings were finally over, I played with my new grill - I made the fajitas I had planned to make last night, and they turned out super well. The marinade on the chicken was perfect for keeping it juicy despite grilling, and the peppers turned out well (although I want to get a bit more char on them in the future). I also tried a new recipe for Spanish rice and it was delish as well. So, the grill seems to work like a charm, and it was nice that I basically had nothing to clean in the kitchen (other than the rice pan) - so I predict more grill experimentation in my future.

Then I took a quick walk, came home, tried to write, but mostly procrastinated because I'm too tired to focus. So I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: