Tuesday, August 18, 2020

my fortune told me i'm on the wrong road

I had a lovely day, and I suppose I should consider going to bed soon but I don't wanna. My day started earlier than I would have liked - I had an 8:30am meeting, but I was able to make tea and meditate before it, so it could be worse. Then I slogged all day, with a quick break for lunch (that leftover grilled vegetable and halloumi salad was even better today; the chicken burger was still dry, but c'est la vie). I also had a meeting with the big boss, which is always fun, and it left me in a good mood.

Then I transitioned immediately into socializing - Caroline came over, and we spent a lovely couple of hours drink aperol spritzes on my patio. She brought some cheese (including a perfect blue cheese that is made in her village in France), and then we ordered salads for dinner, and it was pretty great. My patio is pretty much the best thing that has happened to me this year, and I'm super grateful that I have it - hopefully the addition of a firepit will make it even more wonderful and perhaps carry me through the quarantine times ahead.

Then Caroline left, and I did a bit of cleanup before watching the end of tonight's DNC coverage so that I could send taunting texts to Terry about her anchor's choice in suits. And then, I perhaps should have worked, but instead I watched two episodes of Padma Lakshmi's TASTE THE NATION (on the Hulu account that I'm liberating from [censored]). I'm calling this research for the book I'm working on, so I guess it counts as productivity? But really it was just delightful - the first episode was about Mexican food in El Paso and the second was about Indian food in New York, and it made me hungry, desperate to travel, and so so eager to keep cooking my way through the months ahead.

And now, I suppose I should consider sleep - goodnight!

No comments: