Tuesday, August 04, 2020

for the lump that sits inside your throat

Today was slightly less magical - the writing was a bit molasses-y [that's the best word I've come up with today] this morning, which is always frustrating after several days of non-molasses-y writing. But I meditated and journaled before, so that's a plus. Then I trimmed my bangs (thus enabling myself to see better, which may help with the writing), showered, made a sandwich, and ate it outside. I also tried to do a bit of planning and failed; then I took a nap, which felt rather decadent and unnecessary.

The day could have easily descended into despair at that point, but I managed to rally. I was going to go to the garden center, but at the last minute I swerved and took a walk instead (unfortunately after I'd switched out of shorts and into jeans, and it was hot as balls out, so shorts would have been preferable). I listened to a writing podcast while I walked, which helped. Then I tidied up my kitchen, made an aperol spritz, and wrote for another 20-ish minutes - not an amazing feat, but it made me feel slightly better and more like making progress tomorrow.

Then I threw in the towel and talked to Terry and Lauren (aka Subz) for a long overdue catch-up. And then I ate some leftover steak and broccoli rabe, read a bit more of the book I'm reading, and then sat on the couch and ended up watching four episodes of 'Episodes'. I'd found it while doing some research this morning, since I feel like I need some flavor of tv production in my current story (don't ask), and it turns out that it's hilarious and I should have watched it when it came out nine years ago. Matt LeBlanc plays a version of himself, and the other two main actors are v British and v appalled by him, and somehow it works.

So, I quite enjoyed that. Then I did a bit of organizing some tasks for the rest of the week. And now I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: