Wednesday, August 05, 2020

you could show a little grace, but maybe things just went a bit too far

I need to aim for bed earlier tonight....I go back to work on Monday, which means I need to start training myself for the apocalypse getting up earlier. Today was pretty decent, all in all - I journaled and wrote most of the morning, which was great. Then I made a BLT (technically a BLTA, since I added avocado like the former Californian that I am) and it was pretty much perfect - I tried baking the bacon instead of frying it, and it turned out so well (and so much less messily) that I may never go back to frying it. Also, BLTs are one thing that I've missed as a gluten-free person, but with the better-than-Udis sandwich bread I've found in Colorado, plus the fact that tomatoes and lettuce are in season, this BLT was particularly winning.

After that, I really just wanted to take a nap, but instead I went to the grocery store. Then I came home and put everything away, and then I went to a garden center to get some fertilizer and check out the plants. I'd intended to buy some more petunias, but they were out; instead I bought some pansies, but now I'm concerned that it's too hot for them. Still, it was a fun excursion, even if it's possible that I should either stop gardening or hire someone to do it for me since I have too many higher priorities than gardening and so will never have as nice a garden as I'd like to imagine in my head.

sssanyway. Then I came home and made chicken chile verde in my instant pot - I was in the mood for something different than what I've been making, and this delivered. It turned out perfectly - just a bit on the spicy side, excellent for leftovers and also excellent to throw in the freezer for a future rainy day. After that, I cleaned my kitchen, and then I should have done something productive - but I got sucked into the twitter vortex and have only just emerged now.

So, I'm going to sign off and try to read or journal or do anything but twitter before bed - goodnight!

No comments: