Friday, January 22, 2021

all the blue light reflections that color my mind when i sleep

I'm too tired to blog effectively - I didn't get enough sleep the last couple of nights and it's starting to hit me, so I think I'll go to bed as soon as I write this. Today was pretty good despite that - I made some fancy potato fennel gratin the other night and I leftovers this morning, and it was wonderful for breakfast (cheesy potatoes are basically breakfast anyway, right?). I then slogged pretty relentlessly all day, which enabled me to check a couple of tasks off my to do list that I've been avoiding, and that always feels good after it's done.

By 4:30 or so I decided to let myself be done, so I chatted with Katie to make a plan for tomorrow, then ran to the post office to finish setting up a PO box (I don't need a PO box in normal life, but if I get serious about writing business again, it's good to have a box that isn't my home address). Then I came home, rode my Peloton, poured a glass of chardonnay (probably not the approved post-workout recovery drink), and talked to Irish Matt. We hadn't talked since before the holidays, so we had much to catch up on.

Then I ate leftover takeout from last night, turned on the tv, and spent the rest of the evening watching Netflix while making a meal plan and a grocery delivery order, crossing tings off and adding tings to my to-do list, etc. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: