Wednesday, January 06, 2021

swimming through sick lullabies

Welp, today was something. It was something I felt like I've seen coming for several years (such as on July 21, 2016, when I watched Trump accept the nomination, which should tell you that I've been concerned about his authoritarian/anti-democratic/completely selfish characteristics since long before it became popular to do so in the mainstream; or on June 2, 2020, after watching him send in troops on protesters in DC (which very notably did not happen today)). And yet it was still shocking and awful to actually watch, and very upsetting to think about what he could incite in the next fourteen days.

So. The morning was pretty good and I got some writing done before work, but I was pretty distracted all afternoon and gave up around five to order guac and enchiladas and margaritas from my favorite Mexican place down the street. But I ended the evening with an emergency doom zoom family time; Adit, Chandlord, Claude, Sam, John, and Jess all made it, so we hit quorum  (I don't know where Priyanka was, and Ritu was at the hospital, so they're excused). We hung out for a couple of hours and talked about politics and tiktok and merch and a variety of other topics, and it was a delight.

But now I need to sleep so that I can try to get something done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: