Sunday, January 10, 2021

when facing the wind got wicked we rallied and raised up

Well, as usual, when left to my own devices and when I do not have to work in the morning, it's suddenly midnight. Stupid.

Today was pretty good, though. I was lazier in some ways than I had planned - I didn't write, and I didn't cook anything. But I did do a lot of necessary stuff around the house, like fully putting away everything from my trip, resetting my guest room now that the bike is in place, organizing my office, breaking down boxes, taking out trash, doing laundry, reorganizing my cookbooks and my bar cabinet to accommodate new acquisitions, etc., etc.

I took a break from my casual productivity to have a post-Christmas gift exchange with Joann, Jen, and Jane - we did a Secret Santa and no one was supposed to know who had given them their gifts, but due to the fact that everything had to be delivered in advance, there were multiple hilarious shipping fails that led to almost everyone knowing either what their gift was or who had sent it to them. That said, it was fun - I gave Jen a set of the Riedel wine glasses that I'd bought for myself at Christmas because I think they're fabulous, and Joann gave me some cool 'cocktail ice cubes' that you freeze, then toss into a glass with liquor to make a cocktail (+ some travel toiletries kit that hasn't arrived yet but that I was coveting on Instagram). So, it was delightful to catch up and exchange gifts and generally hang out, even if spending time on video conference when I'm not working always feels a little weird.

Then I ordered takeout from Ash'kara, which was delicious (chicken shawarma and rice bowl + their amazing hummus and equally amazing gluten free pita). I then spent the evening alternating between getting things done and...not getting things done, I guess.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: