Thursday, January 28, 2021

so don't delay, act now, supplies are running out

Today had some v. strange moments. I had a few good meetings in the morning, felt v. professional, etc....and then at three p.m. it utterly devolved. I had organized a few fun events for the Boulder office, and today was a mixology class (which I of course put myself into, since I wanted to do that rather than paint or decorate cookies or whatever). Thirty-some people dialed into the call, made small talk, etc. - and then the bartender showed up, and he was perhaps the most ridiculous stranger I've interacted with in a year. He was just so strange and bizarre and hilarious, and clearly all of us were stunned and yet simultaneously enjoying it. We made some 'winter warmer' that was basically hot chocolate with bourbon in it, and then the second drink was a cranberry margarita. I only made the winter warmer because I was pacing myself and needed to drive later, but all in all the event was a smashing success.

After, I hung out (virtually) with my friend Tomas, who happened to be in the same event - we finished our drinks on screen together and caught up on life. And we realized that part of what made the event was so weird and wonderful is that we just don't have those weird serendipitous interactions with odd strangers anymore - I can't think of the last time I truly interacted with a stranger beyond a few minutes at the grocery store (or, I guess, the weirdo painter dude yesterday). I want that back so badly, but today was a v. entertaining glimpse of something akin to 'normal' life.

sssanyway. After I hung up with Tomas, I ran a couple of errands -  mostly picking up an order that was waiting for me at Nordstrom and also returning an online order. Then I came home, ate some leftover beef stew, did a bunch of laundry, talked to my mom, and generally took care of many house tings.

But now, it's past my bedtime and I have a lot on my list tomorrow, so I think it's time to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: