Wednesday, January 27, 2021

i wish i was a little bit taller, i wish i was a baller

Today did not go as planned - I'm okay with that, but it certainly threw a wrench in things. I got up and felt pretty good about finishing the prep to empty my bedroom for the painters, and I got everything taken care of and squared away. I also drank coffee, showered, had some yogurt, did some quick personal tasks, etc., and generally felt on top of things....

Then the painters arrived, and long story short, I overheard a very awkward argument in which the subcontractor decided he no longer wanted the job, and so he walked out before starting. I was actually fine with this as he seemed incredibly dumb - he asked three or four times what paint was going where, which was v. concerning because I am using one (1) color for all of the walls in the master bed, master bath, master closet, and guest bath. Granted, there were two ceilings that needed to be painted white (small ceilings, in the closet and in the small toilet room), but really, one (1) color + two ceilings shouldn't be hard for a painter to remember.

So, they were here approximately fifteen minutes, the manager (who had given me the quote and was just here to help the guy get started + move my bed) was profusely apologetic, and I'm back on the schedule for Monday with a different painter. This is really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it means I can't spend the weekend putting my bedroom back together. However, maybe that means I'll take my Christmas tree down....we shall see, we shall see.

After that, the rest of the day was anticlimactic. I had a bunch of meetings, of course, and I ended up with a coaching call with Alyssa. Then I made myself a hemingway daiquiri and called [censored]. After I talked to him, I reheated some beef stew, did some tings around the house, etc., etc.

And now I should either do some day job stuff or go to bed early so I can get up super early to tackle it - we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: