Friday, January 29, 2021

i've been thinking lately of what i'm missing in the city

Today was not the most productive Friday I've ever had, but it wasn't the worst either. I let myself sleep in a little bit (to 7:30 - how indulgent) and then made coffee and rode my Peloton. I really am liking the bike quite a lot - and I'm also liking the fact that I can get some exercise without forcing myself out into the frigid wastes of a rocky mountain winter.

After that, I showered and just barely made it to my nine a.m. meeting. Then I had meetings until around noon, when I paused to greet a plumber - in addition to my painting debacle this week, I also had a leak in the shutoff valve to my irrigation system, which meant that I needed to get it fixed before I ended up with frozen pipes. The plumber was quick and efficient, and it seems that the issue is fixed, so I'm happy that at least one home project seems to have gone right this week.

Then I ate some takeout chile verde, messed around the rest of the afternoon, got a little bit of work done, and was generally just productive enough to not feel guilty that I wasn't even more productive. When I was done, I dashed to the post office, then came home and spent most of the evening organizing, taking care of household chores, etc.

And now I'm desperate for sleep - goodnight!

No comments: