Monday, January 18, 2021

no more contacting please we are sleeping

I was supremely happy to have today off, but of course that just means delaying the inevitable and also cramming a five-day workweek into four days. Still, I'll take today for what it was. I actually slept pretty well last night, despite being distracted before bedtime (hence the failure to post my blog - I sat down at my desktop this afternoon and discovered that my blog was sitting half-written on my screen). And this morning, I got up in time to spend a couple of hours on a zoom with my old coworker/mentor Laura, who lives in San Antonio and who occasionally gets a mention here. We hadn't connected in about a year and a half, so our catch-up was overdue, and it was delightful to chat with her (and exciting to know that she'll probably be in Denver more frequently in the future).

Then I ate lunch, messed around on my computer, and talked to my mom. And then I did a Peloton ride - it was the hardest one I've done so far, which is probably not hard for people who've been riding it forever, but I was v. happy that I did it. The nice thing about having the Peloton in the guest room is that, when I'm done riding and stretching, I can promptly fall back onto a bed, which is superior to the relaxation options at a normal gym.

After that, I showered, ate a v. late sandwich, and ran a couple of errands - Bookbar to pick up a couple of books I'd ordered, and then Sherwin Williams to pick up paint chips for a possible master bedroom painting project. The master bedroom/bathroom/closet is the only room that I didn't paint (other than the guest bathroom) last year, and I think it's time to spice it up (aka finally patch the places where my movers damaged the wall / the removal of my old windowshade screwed up the paint). We'll see what I go with, but looking at colors is always fun.

Then I came home, took out trash and recycling, did a bunch of other tings downstairs, remade my bed, ate some leftover chicken, did a bunch of writing business stuff, folded a couple of loads of laundry, looked at paint chips in my bedroom, etc., etc. And now I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: