Friday, January 08, 2021

one day when the tonguing is done we'll take our leave and go

I slept pretty well last night, but even with coffee I wasn't feeling totally in it to win it this morning. However, I did have several hours of work that needed to get done, and I also had meetings most of the afternoon, so it was a fairly productive work day. And, in the late afternoon, my exercise bike got delivered - I have succumbed to the allure of Peloton despite never intending to get one. I ordered it back during the first week of December, as it was sinking in that I will be stuck in my house most of the winter and desperately need to do something for my cardiovascular health since I do not do anything on the days when it feels too cold to take a walk.

I didn't play with it immediately, even though the delivery people set it up super fast and it was ready to go - first, I had a last work call / happy hour with Sara, and we had much to catch up on. Then I called my parents and ended up talking with (or 'discussing' with, as my gram might have said) my dad for a couple of hours. After that, it was almost 8:30 and I perhaps should have wound down and watched tv like I had originally planned. But instead, I decided to check out my bike setup and I ended up doing my first ride. So far so good - the hardest part was figuring how to clip in, since I've never taken an actual spin class or ridden a bike that requires cleats, and so clipping into the pedals was a bit of an adventure. But once I was in, I felt so victorious that I went ahead and did a ride. I think I'll potentially really like it, but we'll see if my legs feel like rubber tomorrow.

Then I messed around online and with my planner to consider what I need to get done this weekend, and now I think I should go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: