Friday, January 01, 2021

the thug life baby, it chose me, i didn't choose this city

Happy new year (pt 2)! Today was my last full day in Iowa, unless the roads are dire tomorrow, and I spent it taking care of a bunch of tings - but the most important was, of course, winning Ticket to Ride. The win was made more sweet because I beat [censored] by exactly one point, and I also did it after my dad inadvertently blocked me (as it turned out, completely unnecessarily). So, for the last Ticket to Ride game of this holiday season, I will most certainly take it.

I also went into my dad's shop in town and helped [censored] install a new hitch on his truck. This was treacherous for two reasons: 1) we got several inches of snow today, on top of the layer of ice we got two days ago, so the roads were not ideal, and 2) installing a hitch involves lying under a truck and holding a heavy metal hitch bar over your face while putting in the bolts necessary to attach the hitch to the truck. I can safely say that my v. brief apprenticeship in automotive work has confirmed that I do not want to pivot into a career as a mechanic. But I didn't smash my face and [censored] has a new hitch, and so I think it was pretty successful. I also helped [censored] move some bookcases he'd built into the house and down to the basement and into his room, so I think I've done my sisterly duty for both last year and this year.

I also did a test run of making gluten free onion rings with my air fryer - they turned out v. tasty, although the batch sizes are small, but I intend to keep experimenting with them in the future. And we closed out the evening with a new york strip roast (basically cooked like prime rib, delish) and fried potatoes and salad, and then I packed as much as I could pack tonight.

And now, it's time for bed - I need to get some decent sleep if I'm going to drive tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: