Saturday, January 16, 2021

two hundred miles to clear, chasing a sound i hear

I woke up this morning feeling like I could have slept another five hours, but I forced myself to get up and at 'em. This meant coffee, and some yogurt, and a quick Peloton ride; it also meant getting out of the house around ten, which is v. unusual for me these days.

The first stop was Aunt Becky's - she had a gift that I'd gotten through our family white elephant exchange, so I stopped by to pick it up and say hi. We chatted for a bit, but unfortunately I couldn't stay long - I had a second social commitment today (unprecedented!) down in Colorado Springs, where I had a backyard hangout with Barbara. She's living in a new-to-her house while renovating her old house, so I got a tour of the new house before we sat in the backyard and ordered food from Modern Market. The weather was surprisingly great today - still in the forties, but with the sun and no wind it was pleasant enough to sit outside.

So, we caught up for a few hours, and it was a delight. We also drove (separately) over to her permanent house to see the remodel in progress - the main floor has been completely gutted, and it was exciting to see what it will become. Then, we sadly parted ways so I could drive back while it was still daylight, which I accomplished; I also stopped at Sprouts on the way home to pick up a couple of things I couldn't get at Safeway last night, and I'm feeling pretty well-stocked.

Then I mostly did nothing the rest of the night - I was too tired and too lazy to even turn on the tv, so I mostly laid on my chaise lounge like a fainting Victorian. And now I'm going to go to bed so that I can reclaim some semblance of productivity tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: