Sunday, January 24, 2021

they say these waters aren't what they used to be, but i've got people back on land who count on me

Sunday Scaries were out in full force today, but I managed to salvage some decent times in spite of them. I spent the morning doing a bunch of office stuff (for my writing life, not for my day job life), and then I had a chat with Veronica (we usually try to write together, but today we mostly caught up on life). Then I was supposed to have another friend zoom call, but I was feeling zoomed out from the week + desperately in need of doing tings around the house, so I bailed.

That gave me ample time to take care of some tings - mostly related to painting swatches of paint all over my bedroom and bathroom, since I have painters coming Wednesday to turn my dark, cavelike, not-at-all-my-color bedroom into something that will make me happier (or at least more able to wake up in the morning). I also talked to [censored], since we were overdue for a catchup. And I talked to my parents, of course - it's our usual Sunday call, but I managed to call slightly earlier today (albeit still probably later than it would be wise to, since it usually cuts into dinner time).

However, I wasn't particularly hungry when I got off the phone since I'd had a weirdly late lunch, so I rode my Peloton instead. So far I'm very happy that I bought it - I am actually enjoying it, which is a shocker. Then I took a shower (seven p.m. showers are usually not my thing, but they are when I just exercised), and then I finally heated up some of yesterday's leftover fish chowder. It was much better today - the flavors had melded together, and it was quite tasty. I have way more fish than I will be able to eat before it goes bad, but at least I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

Then I journaled, did some laundry, did some writing stuff, etc. And now I should sleep so I can get some work done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: