Wednesday, January 13, 2021

because i feel disgrace because you're all in my face

I had a pretty good day, all in all - it involved too much day job work early because I didn't work last night, and so when I woke up around 6:15 I did my usual morning routine and then started working for the man. But I got through what I needed to do for work, did a few things on my to-do list that I wanted to get to above and beyond the strictly necessary, and was able to stop around 5:45, so I'm calling it a win.

After work, I rode my Peloton - I tried out the 'scenic ride', which meant riding around some landscape with some soothing music. I chose somewhere around Cinque Terre, Italy, and I'm not sure if I felt a little off because I was slightly motion sick or because I was so damned sad that I couldn't be in Italy (probably a combo of both). Also I realized that I may not actually be that happy to be back in a place surrounded by tourists - that now seems so bizarre to me that it might as well be another life. But the ride felt good, and I think I've figured out the right setup for the seat so that my knee doesn't hurt. And I tried a stretching class after the ride and that was great too (as was trying their meditation app this morning), so so far so good on Peloton!

Then I lazed about and ate leftovers for dinner (the last of the chicken and mushrooms + carrots + mashed potatoes from the other night) while chatting with [censored] and Drewbaby via text. I then gave myself a pedicure and a gel manicure - and by that I mean I repainted my toenails (but certainly didn't pamper my feet with a soak and a massage and all the rest of the highlights from pedicures of yore) and then painted my fingernails. While I did that, I watched another video from that romance conference from December - I think I've now watched all of them but perhaps one. While I didn't learn anything from today's video other than how people who write a very short cliffhanger 'book' every two weeks make a depressingly high amount of money on Kindle Unlimited (which I actually already knew, so I guess I didn't even learn that), I'm still glad I watched it and I feel like I got my money's worth out of the conference even if it was virtual.

And now, I should probably consider going to bed - I have a full day of meetings tomorrow and dreams of writing around it, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: