Sunday, January 31, 2021

do you have enough love in your heart to go and get your hands dirty

This weekend did not go according to plan. Not that there was much of a plan, beyond staying in my house - but it's possible that I would have taken down my Christmas tree if I had stayed in my house, and also possible that I would have started organizing my taxes or done myriad other things around my domicile.

Instead, I'm in ye olde Iowa. I left Colorado yesterday (around 2:30pm, after an abbreviated front porch hangout with Katie), spent the night in Lincoln, and finished the drive today. Long story short, my dad is in the hospital, and while he's doing much better, it felt like coming home and helping out with groceries, Netflix access, etc., might be the right thing to do.

So I rolled into home around 12:45pm and said hi to [censored], who had held down the fort over the weekend but was headed back to his house this afternoon (my dad went into the hospital on Thursday, so [censored] came home then). [censored] helped me with some car unloading, and we chatted, and I ate some of the delicious vegetable beef soup that he'd made, and that was all delightful.

Then he left, and I spent the afternoon unpacking and organizing since I have to work tomorrow. Then I made some food - tonight's endeavor was potato soup, which was delish, + a bit of prep for making salads tomorrow. My mom came home from the hospital a little before eight, so we ate soup together and caught up, etc.

And now, I have stayed up slightly later than planned (but in a productive fashion, since I wanted to spend some time with my planners to scope out the month ahead). So it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: