Thursday, January 14, 2021

drive out of the city, away from the crowds

I don't even know what today was when it comes to my mood. I think it was good? But I didn't sleep at all well last night, on top of several nights of not sleeping well, and so I awoke bleary eyed and not particularly in it to win it. I meditated and journaled and coffeed my way out of my stupor, and I made it to my laptop just in time for my nine a.m. meeting. That led straight into many hours of meetings - my only break from 9am to 4:30pm was lunch. But I used part of my lunch break to take a ten minute nap, which may have been the only thing that saved me.

That nap also restored me just in time for a meeting with my VP, which went really well. And it restored me for a work fun event this afternoon - my team organized a virtual cocktail class, and it was super fun. They sent us a couple of kits in advance - one to make blood orange mojitos, and one to make some sort of old fashioned. The bartender worked at both Foreign Cinema and Bourbon and Branch, both San Francisco establishments of high regard, and now he's teaching virtual classes on zoom because that's what happens in a pandemic. So we made the drinks, and they were utterly delightful, and it was fun to hang out with people virtually...

...but I haven't had two cocktails before six p.m. in a lifetime, and I hadn't had dinner, so that promptly turned into ordering pizza from Blue Pan and making a second mojito (third drink overall - and I didn't finish it, but I did photograph it for instagram). Then, since I clearly wasn't going to attempt any further impressive feats, I finally succumbed to my desire to watch BRIDGERTON - it's taken Romancelandia by storm, as well as continuing to top the Netflix charts, and I've been saving it for a time when I knew I could binge it. I have a long weekend starting tomorrow night, so now seems like the right time - I watched two episodes tonight, and so far it's great.

I will have many more thoughts to share on it when I go deeper - but since I read all the books and know all the characters, and have imagined all these settings forever, it's v. entertaining. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: