Sunday, January 03, 2021

i could wait a year, but i couldn't wait three

Luckily I have tomorrow off, so the possibly epic post-holiday case of Sunday Scaries has been postponed to Monday. That meant today was some semblance of relaxing/productive. I'm still wiped out from the drive yesterday - I slept for more than eight hours last night, and still had to take a brief nap this afternoon.

But I managed to make breakfast, shower, talk to Veronica, order lunch, talk to my parents, and then do a bunch of stuff around the house in the afternoon/evening. I still haven't bought groceries, so that's a task for tomorrow - but thanks to my freezer, I had some bolognese sauce (on top of freshly-cooked pasta) for dinner, and it was delish.

I also spent some quality time this afternoon / evening considering my goals for the year. I feel like 2020 was pretty aimless, although the main task was surviving with my sanity mostly intact, and I am happy that I accomplished that. And the year wasn't all bad for me personally - despite all the challenges, I'm grateful that I've had quite a bit of time to reflect on my patterns and habits, think about how I can live a healthier and more joyful life, what I want and how I want to get it, etc. The challenge right now is that I feel ready to set some seriously ambitious goals, but it's hard to set seriously ambitious goals when so much of the world around me is more uncertain than usual.

But that's a problem that I can't solve tonight - instead, I think it's time for bed so that I can be ready for whatever happens when Sunday Scaries turn into Monday Melodrama. Goodnight!

No comments: