Friday, January 01, 2021

it's been so long since i've seen the ocean....i guess i should

Happy new year! This is the first official post of 2021 (it's 12:53am in Iowa, so I'm counting it). Today was a v. lowkey and chill way to ring out what was a crazy and unexpected year. I slept in, lingered over coffee, stayed in my pajamas until after two p.m., and was generally pretty lazy. I did get some writing business stuff done, and responded to some emails, and did a bit of planning, but none of that was particularly onerous.

For supper, we had takeout Mexican food, which [censored] and I went to pick up - the outdoors is treacherous right now thanks to the thick layer of ice on everything, and I'm sure it will be worse tomorrow because I can hear ice hitting my window again. When I defrosted and cleaned off my car today, it was kind of trippy - the snow was so hard and icy that I could actually walk on top of it without consistently sinking in, and when I did sink it, it felt vaguely dangerous. My car had a quarter of an inch of ice on the windshield, which came off in large sheets and felt like tapping into a creme brulee. I'm hoping that Saturday's weather is nice, since it would probably be a good idea to get back to Denver sometime in 2021....

But that is a problem for the weekend. Tonight, after supper, [censored] and I watched the rest of the new season of Letterkenny, then watched a variety of other ridiculous tings, and generally stayed up way too late. But now that I've said goodbye and godspeed to 2020, it's on to the new year - goodnight!

No comments: