Sunday, January 10, 2021

let me introduce you to the featherweight queen

I somehow only got six hours of sleep last night, so I'm going to try to go to bed as soon as I write this entry. I had a pretty productive day, all in all - I started with some coffee, yogurt, and my to-do list, and then I did a Peloton ride. I was not in it to win it today - when I got on the bike I realized how tired my legs still were from Friday, and so my performance was not at all impressive. But I did the whole twenty minute ride, so at least there's that - and as I told [censored] tonight, doing my second ride meant that I cut my cost-per-ride for the bike in half, so that's a win!

Anyway, I think I'm really going to like the bike - it felt good to get some activity in without having to freeze to death to do it. Then I foam rolled, showered, poured some more coffee, and had a virtual writing date with Veronica. We caught up on some tings and then silenced ourselves to write, and I spent a good chunk of time brainstorming and scribbling notes to myself. I'm nervously excited about the writing at the moment, and I want to keep it going.

That means I probably should have written more this afternoon, but instead I knocked a variety of tings off my to-do list, did some laundry, and talked to my parents. I also made a v. tasty dinner - chicken thighs with mushrooms, roasted carrots, and mashed potatoes. The carrots were a new-to-me recipe from Barefoot Contessa and they were super tasty - roasted under the broiler to get a bit of char, then tossed with orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt to give it some added oomph. I need to work on my broiler technique, since rather than charring the carrots, I ended up with a bunch of smoke and had to open the windows [I think the sheet pan I was using was too cheap, and so it warped in the heat, and I think that splattered some oil onto the oven and burned]. But overall dinner was super tasty and I'm looking forward to leftovers.

Then I did some more stuff around the house, planned out my week, took a look at some day job stuff to prep for tomorrow, etc. And now I'm going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: