Tuesday, January 05, 2021

turning saints into the sea

I got a flurry of hits on my blog tonight for the search term "now I’m falling asleep and she’s calling dekalb", which is a joke I made for myself as the title of a post during the election in November - and I wish I would have tweeted that shit because I saw someone tweet it tonight and they got many tens of thousands of likes. Also, I hate everything I just said about posting it on twitter for the likes.

sssanyway. Today was full of existential dread, but I didn't feel too bad about being unenthused and unproductive because every person I talked to at work felt similarly. Tomorrow is soon enough to rally and get caught up. I did, however, write for an hour before work and thirty minutes after, and that is a feat I very much hope to accomplish again tomorrow. I also made some brussels sprouts, roasted some sweet potatoes, and made a chipotle/maple/orange butter from my new Barefoot Contessa cookbook to go on the sweet potatoes - it was pretty tasty and a good way to add some interest to sweet potatoes. And any 'added interest' to anything in my life right now is a good thing - I risk slipping into deep, soul-crushing boredom while being stuck at home, so fancy butter is at least something.

While I was cooking that stuff, I had a phone conversation with Chandlord, who is just as bored as I am. Then I ate those tasty things with some of the pulled pork I made yesterday, and it was a delightful dinner. After that, I made the mistake of turning on election results and spending too much time going down rabbit holes, but I rallied, turned off the tv, and spent some quality time with my planner.

And now I need to go to sleep if I want to write tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: