Monday, March 02, 2020

and you're making me feel like maybe i am somebody

I'm finally back in Denver, and I need to water my plants and then go to bed. Today was a long day - I woke up around 5:15 and couldn't go back to sleep because I was thinking about slides, so I finished them while sitting in bed. Then I showered, packed, checked out, stowed my bags, and grabbed a Philz on the way to the office - I drank that coffee while sitting in the barista area at work, which made me look next-level ridiculous because I was drinking coffee that I'd paid for in front of all the people who were getting free coffee instead. But #noregrets because I love Philz and I was happy to have one last cup before leaving SF.

The VP presentation that I had to do today went really well, all in all - or at least I think it did. But I have quite a bit of confidence when it comes to most presentations, so of course I think I crushed it. We'll see when and whether I get any substantive feedback after the fact, but at least it's over and I feel like I did as much as I could to make it successful.

Still, despite my confidence, I felt like throwing up before and had to come down off the adrenaline after (I've been this way since high school Brain Bowl competitions, where I would routinely throw up beforehand and then dominate). So I didn't have lunch at work when it was over - instead, I walked back to my hotel, grabbed my bags and my car, went to the airport, and had a late lunch (burrito bowl) and a glass of wine to unwind while sending a few emails.

The flight was entirely uneventful, and I got home with no issues. Coronavirus is clearly wreaking havoc on travel - my hotel room last night was absurdly cheap, the security line at SFO was the shortest I've ever seen it, my flight had empty seats (and I got upgraded), and when I picked up my car at Denver, the guy there said they've been super slow and that he's scared (as evidenced by him putting hand sanitizer all over a pen before getting me to sign my credit card slip). It's also interesting to see that just about everyone is taking hand washing v. seriously, and I will be curious to see how quickly my hands crack and bleed if I wash them as much here as I was washing them in SF.

sssanyway. It's really time for bed - I need to get to the office early to get some tings done, so wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: