Thursday, March 19, 2020

cut me out from the cold, this young heart is getting old

Today felt less like a quarantine day and more like a snow day - we got several inches of snow, which means I would have worked from home today even during normal circumstances. Of course, these are not normal circumstances. It's interesting to see how people are reacting / structuring their days / handling the various stressors around them. Some people are going through serious trauma (like a coworker whose dad has terminal leukemia and she can't really visit with him in person), or serious other challenges (like the people stuck at home with three year olds who can't be reasoned with about why they can't go to the park). And then there are people like me who are really pretty lucky and well-set-up, all in all, but still can't shake the underlying sense of dread that permeates most of the day.

sssanyway. Work was fine. I stopped a little before six and made chicken chile verde in my instant pot, which turned out so well - I really love to make it, and tonight was a good time to do it. I also took out the trash, tidied up, did some laundry, and journaled - so again, it all felt almost like normal.

We'll see how tomorrow feels - for now I need to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: