Sunday, March 22, 2020

you got something to prove, you got nothing to lose

I had a pretty good day of quarantining, all in all. When I woke up, I only spent a little bit of time catching up on the dumpster fire of news before I logged off my phone and spent some quality time with my journal. Then I did some cross-stitch because time is meaningless and I might as well. Then I had a facetime date with Barbara (Colorado Barbara, not California Barbara). It was great, as usual, to talk to another writer, even if it's particularly sad that we can't see each other in person given that we only live an hour away from each other.

Then I ate lunch (salmon on a gluten free bagel) and finished reorganizing my basement storage to better accommodate my hoarding tendencies. And then I went on a long walk around the neighborhood while attempting to avoid getting within six feet of anyone else. While I was walking, I talked to my parents - it's their fortieth anniversary today (happy anniversary!), and I should have been in Iowa to celebrate with them. Instead, they celebrated alone while it snowed outside, so that's a bummer. But all the drawings of coronavirus make it look red, and the fortieth anniversary is ruby, so I guess it's on brand? #toosoon

After I talked to my parents, I came inside and made chili for supper, and then also attempted gluten free banana bread (it's cooling and I have no idea if it's any good yet). And I took care of some personal business stuff. And now I'm going to take a shower, and then potentially engage in one last online activity tonight, since (again) time is meaningless.

Finally, here's your link roundup for the day:

- this guy knows how to party with his pet hamster

- Italian mayors are not messing around

- meanwhile, Spanish cops are definitely messing around and it's great

Goodnight!

No comments: