Monday, March 09, 2020

crazy people walking 'round with blood in their eyes

Today was a pretty normal day, if you ignore impending doom. I worked from home, by choice rather than by necessity, but it meant that even though I had meetings all day, I was able to sneak out around 5:15 and meet Katie fifteen minutes later. Again, if you ignore impending doom, this is pretty normal - a weeknight happy hour / dinner is perfect for our schedules. But I was able to get a last-minute reservation at one of the best restaurants in Denver (El Five), which usually books out days/weeks in advance....so you tell me how much that was because it's a Monday and how much was because at least some people are starting to prep for the apocalypse.

However, for a last dinner together, this one was pretty great. We had a lovely booth, an amazing view of downtown (El Five is on the fifth floor, obviously), and some delicious Spanish / mediterranean food (croquetas, patatas bravas, a shrimp and calamari dish that was excellent, and some even more excellent seafood paella, followed by a tiramisu and some cappuccino). And I think we quite enjoyed fearmongering to each other. I'm sure we'll see each other again someday, but we're both prepared to hole up and wait it out.

Then I came home, should have worked, and instead drank an emergen-c and watched two episodes of The Witcher. Night well spent, I'd say. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: