Wednesday, March 11, 2020

now no one's knocked upon my door for a thousand years or more

A month of working from home is a rather daunting prospect. I think it was absolutely the right thing to do - reading what's happening in Italy is truly alarming, and if we don't start taking much more concerted, aggressive action to slow the spread, the hospital system will be completely overwhelmed in the next couple of weeks. But I'm enough of an extrovert that the idea of being home for a month by myself is rather upsetting, even if I'm still getting my usual 8+ hours a day of meetings over videoconference.

sssanyway. I slogged all day, but my last three hours involved watching a mandatory training that I just had to listen to and not actively participate in. So I made bolognese sauce while I watched, since chopping up the veggies takes a bit of time and it all takes a long time to cook down (i.e. it probably cooked for close to six hours total). I didn't eat the sauce tonight since it took so long - instead, I walked down the street and picked up a Blue Pan pizza out of solidarity with my favorite nearby small business. No one on the street seemed concerned and it felt like any other evening, until [censored] texted me about the Europe travel ban, which happened in the ten minutes I was out of the house picked up the pizza.

So I ate some pizza, and then I panic grocery shopped (I mostly just needed more eggs, but I added a couple more staples for good measure). Then I came home, did some work, and finished the sauce. And now I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: