Thursday, March 26, 2020

i've not seen the roaring fields in so long

I had a not so pleasant day in stay-at-home land, mostly because my tongue really hurts, which means that I can't really eat and also can't really stand to talk for long periods of time. I attempted some self-care and canceled some meetings today so that I could take breaks in between them, which helped. I also got nine hours of sleep, and I'm going to attempt to complete that feat again tonight. And I took a walk in the afternoon - I think I should try to get out for a walk any day when the sun is shining, since you never know when it will snow here (and since I'm only 2.5wks into what will likely be a 6-8 week period of isolation, which is a thought that I usually try to avoid).

sssanyway. My tongue makes eating anything solid pretty difficult, so I busted out the blender at lunch and made a peanut butter and banana smoothie with protein powder. It was tasty, but even that hurt a little bit. So I've been taking a toxic amount of ibuprofen and hoping for the best. This afternoon I managed some cottage cheese, and then I ate a box of gluten free mac and cheese for dinner - it's not my favorite, but it was soft enough that I could eat it (v. slowly) and not hurt myself. Hopefully the tongue heals soon so I can get back to making delicious quarantine delights.

And now, after a v. boring day, I'm going to do a bit of cross stitch and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: