Monday, March 02, 2020

you don't want to hurt me but see how deep the bullet lies

Today was a normal day that ended in bizarro-land, which is how so many days used to end when I lived in San Francisco. I awoke this morning and lazed about until it was time to get ready, and then I had just enough time to pull myself together and check out of the Kabuki before meeting up with John and Jess (and their little monster, aka Ian) in Sausalito. They had sailed there from Berkeley last night, and so we met at a weird but delicious diner that was walking distance from their berth in Sausalito. It turned out to be a lovely morning, and I really enjoyed hanging out with them, and Ian really enjoyed butting his head into my shin, so I guess we all won.

Then I drove back across the Golden Gate and went to Fort Mason (one of my old haunts), where I grabbed a green tea at The Interval at the Long Now (weird name, just go with it) and journaled for awhile. This felt so much like my old life, and so much like home, that I'm still emotionally processing how much SF feels like home and how much Denver feels like...not home. But I choose not to examine how the human feces and earthquake potential feel like home, and how the free parking and hot bearded men feel like not-home....better to just think they're equal, and ignore the repercussions of my choices.

ssssanyway.

After Fort Mason, I checked into my hotel, then had a late lunch and an even later coffee with Vidya (aka Chandlord). Then I made slides for several hours. Then I went to the bar and kept working on slides, but I also met a woman named Candy who used to date the mafia of North Denver (as did her mother), and who married someone else for twenty years but clearly still felt like the cute mafia boy was the love of her life, and who bought me a glass of wine and called me 'baby girl' when I left the bar. So I guess we clicked, and I guess I still have my ability to go deep with strangers, which I haven't done nearly enough of lately.

sssanyway again, I now need to go to bed - I have a big presentation to my VP tomorrow, and I need to be all in on my charisma in case she hates the content. Wish me luck - goodnight!

No comments: