Tuesday, March 17, 2020

scheming on a thing that's a mirage

Okay those of you who are not part of techie corporate culture should know: 'WFH' stands for 'work from home', and it our terminology for teleworking or remote working or whatever. Expect to see a lot more slippages and mentions of wfh because that's literally my life now.

sssanyway. Today was wfh day 7 (11 if you count the four weekend days since I last stepped foot in the office). The days are already blurring together, and I kept being sure it was Wednesday. Also, there was a v. sad moment around five p.m. when someone wished us Happy St. Patrick's Day and we all seemed forlorn.

My mood was probably impacted because I only got six hours of sleep and awoke immediately racing forward to what I needed to do next. That thing I had to do was finish my calibration notes for our performance review cycle, which turned out to be a completely unnecessary task because of some information that came to light later in the day. Gross. And I slogged through the whole day until 5ish with very few breaks, which made me cranky.

So I escaped the house, partially because I'm pretty sure that everything here is going to shut down soon. I first went to Joann Fabrics, where I picked up an online order that I placed yesterday - minimal contamination risk, maximum method of ensuring I have a project to work on (getting back into cross stitch like the baller fourteen-year-old I used to be). Then I went to the liquor store and got dark rum and orgeat (almond syrup) so that I can make mai tais if the mood strikes (I never drink cocktails at home, but apparently the apocalypse is making me rethink my priorities). Then I came home, ate some leftover soup, talked to Chris (who's on my team but currently in Singapore, which has all sorts of implications), did some work, talked to Katrina (social isolation means you can have video chats with anyone, anywhere, and everyone is basically free), and am now going to sleep and hope I get eight relatively stress-free hours before I do it all again.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: