Tuesday, March 31, 2020

i'll be there when the light comes in, tell 'em we're survivors

I had such a better day today. This was mostly because my tongue was suddenly better - it still hurts just a little bit, and talking still exacerbates it slightly, but it's way better than it was over the weekend. Also, I meditated this morning before starting to work, which seemed to help as well. Work was a bit of a slog, because I had to put together a fast and dirty presentation on something for a new VP, but the presentation went well - so at least that was satisfying.

Then, I stopped working at five and called in a takeout order to my favorite Mexican restaurant down the street so that I could celebrate being able to eat solid foods again. [censored] saw a photo of my chips and guac and said that it was bold for me to choose "salty knives" as my first solid, which was probably true, but #noregrets. Better, the restaurants in Denver are doing takeout cocktails, so I got a perfect margarita to go in what should have been a container for soup. I poured this straight into my own yeti, came home, decontaminated, and then enjoyed my chips and guac and margarita while sitting outside on my patio. Warm days are still likely to turn into snow almost instantaneously, so I thought I should take advantage of being outdoors while I could.

Then I spent the evening messing around online, talking to [censored], filling out the census, and rereading half of one of my old books for inspiration. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: