Saturday, March 07, 2020

toss a coin to your witcher

I had an extremely #treatyoself day, which felt like a good way to relax a bit in the midst of all the chaos that is my job + the end of the world. I spent the morning journaling / making some plans, and I also did a bit of yardwork - my neighbor's catalpa tree is gorgeous in summer, but is a real pain in the ass right now since I have pods all of my yard. I want to do some more outdoors stuff tomorrow - today was really gorgeous (almost seventy), and tomorrow looks like more of the same.

But I had to stop eventually, shower, and drive to Boulder for a massage. No, you should not feel sorry for me. My job paid for an 80min massage at a v. fancy spa in Boulder (I won an award like a year and a half ago and finally decided to redeem it). So I drove up early, had some sushi for lunch, drank some pinot grigio, and then unwound in the steam room and the sauna for a bit before the massage. The massage was really excellent - my body was pretty tense, as per usual, but the massage helped. I could have happily relaxed there all day, but I eventually decided that maybe I should come home and be productive.

However, when I got here I wasn't particularly productive after all - I washed some dishes, emptied the dishwasher, put away some tings, and ate some leftover pasta, but none of that was very impressive. And, instead of working tonight like I probably should have, I watched the first two episodes of The Witcher, which has been on my list for ages. It's ridiculous and so far I'm into it, but we'll see.

And now I need to sleep so I can seize the day tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: