Thursday, March 19, 2020

don't fall on your sword, just follow your instinct

I'm so tired. It's my own fault - I should have gone to bed at ten, but instead I worked for the last couple of hours. That was after having meetings straight from 9-4...but I took a walk for 25min, which was a great break. It was 67 degrees and sunny this afternoon, but we're sliding into a winter storm warning tonight, so I decided to prioritize sun and social distancing while I could.

I took a break a little before five to make a margarita and have a virtual happy hour with Tomas. It was a nice way to end the day - we didn't really talk about work, just the end of the world. Then, I broke quarantine and went to Katie's - I'm pretty convinced that Denver will be ordered to shelter in place in the next couple of days, so I thought I should see her while I had the chance (which probably defeats the point of social isolation, but I've been pretty isolated the last twelve days or so). She and James made dinner and spared some of their precious food supply with me, which was a real sacrifice (and, btw, dinner was delicious - a chickpea dish that I wish I could recreate, but I have not been able to find chickpeas anywhere). We also talked about the end of the world, which is a v. natural topic of conversation right now, and I tried not to touch anything but probably failed.

Then I came home, with a couple of stops to indulge my inner panic. I didn't stock up crazy - I was looking for chickpeas and dishwasher soap, and the first two places didn't have any of either, so I was forced to get dishwasher soap at CVS. But I bought some garlic, which I was almost out of, and a couple of other tings, and then I got some nail polish at CVS, so I think I'm pretty set.

When I got home, I tidied up, prepped my coffee for tomorrow, and did some work. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: