Monday, March 16, 2020

baby baby baby, light my way

Everything continues to go to hell, but if I didn't know that, today would have just felt like a regular work from home kind of day. I worked from 9ish to 6ish, with a quick break to heat up some leftover soup from last night. I also spent a bit of time working while sitting on my patio; I was under a blanket because it was totally frigid, and I had to go in as a result, but at least I got some fresh air. Work was a bit of a chaos machine today because of everything that's going on globally, which is why I'm writing this at almost midnight (I worked for the last couple of hours).

But I broke quarantine, picked up a couple of pizzas at Blue Pan, and went over to Kelly's. We sat three feet apart, which probably wasn't enough, and ate pizza and drank wine and tried to pretend that everything is normal. I would probably bet that Denver goes into the same lockdown that SF just went into within the next week (my bet is actually five days or less) - the mayor announced today that all restaurants are closed (with the exception of takeout/delivery) until May, and there are a ton of cases emerging in the mountains, so things are getting real here.

sssanyway. It was good to see Kelly, and hopefully I can squeeze in a visit to Katie before we all get locked in our homes. Then I came home, talked to my parents, talked to Katie, and worked for too many hours. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: