Monday, March 23, 2020

once the show gets started it's bound to be a sight to see

I was fairly bored / unable to focus most of the day, which was unfortunate since I had a lot to focus on. I did get up in time to journal this morning before work, which was lovely. And I also showered, which was equally lovely. This should not be noteworthy, but I had not showered yesterday, so I have to be careful not to let myself go too much.

Then I worked all day, but I stopped around five so that I could run out and pick up a TV that I'd bought at Best Buy. Denver is going on lockdown starting tomorrow, and I decided that I should turn my basement into a better space in which to work out so that I can perfect my prison body in the next few months. The basement is actually pretty bright (thanks to [censored] changing all my lightbulbs when he was here, as well as the two egress windows) and I have plenty of space for kettlebells, my TRX bands, etc. - but a TV would enable me to watch workouts. So I got a cheap, small flatscreen, and we'll see whether this helps me deal with the isolation or if it just gives me another thing to be crazy about.

While I was picking up the tv, I stopped at Katie's and gave her half the banana bread I baked last night. We social distanced by sitting on opposite sides of her porch for ten minutes; James joined us for a few minutes as well, so we caught up on doom and gloom while rainclouds gathered overhead (both literally and metaphorically). We're all being good quarantine soldiers, which meant we didn't hug and I didn't partake of any beverages on the property; with Denver's new stay-at-home order, it's unclear whether we'll see each other anytime soon, but we'll see whether the weather cooperates enough for us to socializing distance from opposite sides of porches and patios.

Then I came home and caught up with Lauren (aka Subz) and Terry via video, which was delightful. And then I ate supper, messed around online, took a nine p.m. work call (which I now have every day for the foreseeable future, which is kinda cruel) and am now getting ready for bed.

And sadly, no links for you tonight - I didn't spend much time online, so I have no joy to spread. Goodnight!

No comments: