Sunday, March 29, 2020

one way or another i'm just hoping to find a way to put my feet out in the world

Tongue still hurts. It's marginally better than yesterday, which was marginally better than the day before, so I think it's getting there - but it still hurts to talk, and it hurts to eat, so I'm still in a somewhat foul mood over the whole thing.

However, today was better than yesterday, so I'll take it. I did some hardcore journaling this morning to reflect on the plague and get some sort of grip on how I'm feeling, which was good. I also ate a smoothie v. slowly, showered, talked to [censored], made some scrambled eggs, and let the scrambled eggs cool off while I took care of laundry and other tings. I have never made scrambled eggs with the intent of letting them cool off before eating them, but there's a first time for everything.

Eventually, I ventured out of the house and into a store for the first time since Wednesday - I'd had several lightbulbs burn out in the last month or so, and I finally decided that I should get lightbulbs before even those are considered nonessential. I'd ordered them last night from Lowes, so it was as low-risk as it could have been - I walked in, the order pickup counter was right there, and so I grabbed the bag and only had to touch my license (to verify my identity) and the pen used to sign the receipt. I was wearing gloves for this, since I found a pack of nitrile gloves in my disaster prepper stuff downstairs - I'm upping my social distancing game even beyond soap and water (and wetwipes in my car) since I really don't want to catch coronavirus on top of my tongue right now. If I happen to sneeze due to allergies right now, my tongue hurts - getting anything worse would cause complete misery even if it didn't kill me.

sssanyway. I spent the evening doing laundry, eating (slowly) potato soup, doing some administrative stuff, reading a bit too much twitter, and journaling a bit more. And now I'm going to go to bed early and attempt to get tomorrow off to a good start - goodnight!

No comments: