Sunday, March 08, 2020

i know better than to ever call you mine

I had a v. hermity, v. (relatively) productive day around the house. It started off stupidly late because I stayed up until after midnight and then had to navigate the time change, but then I made coffee and did some quality journaling and other tasks. I also made a late breakfast (bacon and eggs), and then I got cracking on my outdoor responsibilities.

This mostly meant that I spent three hours cleaning up my back patio. I hadn't raked last fall because it started snowing in early October and pretty much kept snowing until Christmas, and then it was too cold and I was too lazy to deal with it. This may have been a good thing, since the leaves definitely kept the soil wetter than it might have been otherwise. So I got most of the leaves raked up and removed, and I used my leaf blower to clear dirt/dust off my patio, and then I used it to get some of the dust off my outdoor furniture. It's raining tonight (which is a weird sound after months of snow), so I'm hoping the rain gives everything I missed a good wash. It's supposed to continue being nice this week (after being seventy both yesterday and today), so I'm hoping I can enjoy some patio action in the coming days.

After all that outdoor activity, I showered off, threw some potatoes into the oven, and talked to my parents. We finished our usual Sunday convo just as the potatoes were ready to come out, so I moved straight into dinner mode. The potatoes were for twice baked potatoes, which turned out super well - I made four potatoes (eight halves, obvi) and put some in the fridge while freezing the rest for future lazy suppers. While I was prepping the potatoes, I also cooked myself a ribeye using the reverse sear method. My meat thermometer battery is dead, so my steak came out pretty rare, but I like it rare and it was delicious (especially with a potato). Yes, I'm fully in my midwestern roots while prepping for the apocalypse, don't judge.

Then I procrastinated / cleaned the kitchen, and then I did day job work for the last hour. And now I'm going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: