Friday, March 27, 2020

i hope i get the chance to travel the world but i don't have any plans

Today was not great - it's hard to eat enough when my tongue hurts, and I'm taking maximum doses of ibuprofen, so I woke up with a stomach ache. So I canceled as many meetings as I feasibly could, which helped, but I talked for three hours straight this afternoon, which definitely didn't help. When I'm not talking and just sitting still it doesn't hurt too much, but talking makes it worse and eating is definitely unpleasant.

sssanyway. I made potato soup for supper and pureed the whole thing, and I let it cool down, and it was almost edible (it tasted really good, but I had to go slow). And I talked to Chandlord and Riturani (and Riturani's husband, mother, and child). Anika (the baby) and I ate our soups together, although hers was miso and she wasn't wearing anything below the waist, and I was just a bit more clothed (although I guess it's hard to tell on videoconference). And the conversation was a delightful way to catch up, although it would be even better if we were all in the same city and not under lockdown and able to eat dinner together.

Then I cleaned up my kitchen and read some twitter and watched the first episode of this season of Top Chef - it's all-stars, which means I'm familiar with a bunch of the chefs, and I was pretty bummed about who got sent home in the first episode. But the food looked amazing and I always enjoy watching Top Chef, so maybe this season I'll watch mostly in real time and stay caught up. A girl can dream (and a girl doesn't have anything better to do anyway).

And now it's time for bed - I'm not going to set my alarm and am just going to see how much sleep I can get. Goodnight!

No comments: