Saturday, March 28, 2020

doesn't seem to be enough

I had an incredibly lazy day, even by quarantine standards. This was mostly driven by my tongue (a phrase I never thought I would type) - I didn't really feel like doing anything, and am also having trouble eating, so expending energy didn't seem to be a good idea. Instead, I slept for ten hours, then ate a milkshake for breakfast for perhaps the first time ever. Then I made a box of mac and cheese and let it cool off while I took a shower. Eating anything takes an absurd amount of time, so I slowly ate my mac and cheese while reading twitter. Then, since that was a lot of effort, I took a quick nap.

My only social activity of the day came when I talked to Jen, Joann, and Jane (the friendship renewal crew), which was lovely. But I realized that not talking is probably the single best thing I can do to help my tongue heal, so I eschewed all other social activities and refused to talk to anyone else. I ate some leftover potato soup for dinner (slowly), read some more twitter, did some journaling, etc.

And really, that's as much as I can stretch this to anything approaching interesting for you - and so I think it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: