Thursday, March 05, 2020

i can end the planet in a holocaust

Last night's blog was rather short on details, but I should have also mentioned that I had a lovely dinner with Sarah-Frances (a woman on my team who is currently out on maternity leave). We went to a delish Mexican restaurant in Lafayette, and it was great to see her - but by the time I got home it was after ten, and when I crawled into bed and tried to type a blog post on my phone, I kept dropping my phone on my face. Tonight's blog post is written on my laptop from my living room with the lights shining brightly enough to keep me awake, so perhaps I'll make it through.

Today, however, was less interesting. I had to be at the office by eight, which was a self-inflicted wound since I'd scheduled the meeting. But it was a three-hour brainstorm that was actually pretty effective, so I was happy with that. Then I had a meeting with my new boss (boss 5 in the last 2.5 years if you're counting, but who is?) - so far so good and we seem to click, so hopefully this one sticks for awhile. Then I chatted with people in the cube (and accidentally mimicked the pose of the boss from Office Space), grabbed lunch out in the sun, and did a bunch more meetings.

I did end up taking a break on the way home to go to Crate and Barrel - I had to exchange something, which of course meant I also had to buy a couple of tings. There were many things I wanted to buy, but I exercised unusual restraint. Then I came home, defrosted and ate some chili, did a bit of laundry, did some personal stuff online, and then did about an hour of day job stuff. And now, I'm a bit wrecked and need to sleep - I have to go to Boulder for a dentist appointment at 9, but then I only have a couple of meetings, so I'm going to slog for awhile and then try to sneak out early and make a Costco run. Goodnight!

No comments: